While selling a home in the summer presents more problems, given the curb appeal of keeping up rapidly growing lawns, and making sure that summer storms do not damage shutters and such, selling a Miami condominium also presents unique challenges. The Miami luxury marketplace is generally slower in volume during the summer, however that has not been the case in 2012. The market is as hot as it has been in years and buyers are taking advantage of record low mortgage rates and prices still around 30% less than at the height. We would like to offer some tips on selling your Miami Beach Condo in the summer.
1. Showtime! Schedule your showings for the morning, if at all possible. Afternoon storms may make the commute time longer and unpredictable. Also, depending on the direction your condo is facing, try to schedule a showing during the coolest time of day.
2. Cool, Calm and Collected. Make sure to have windows and doors open, in addition to air conditioning. It is important for your condominium to be cool, as well as ventilated.
3. Refreshments. Try to keep cold bottles of water on hand. Your agent may provide these to you in advance of showings. Nothing is more inviting.
4. Stay Away. It is very important for the prospective buyers to try and see themselves in your home, and that is very difficult with you present. Let your agent do their job and present your home as their home.
5. De-Clutter. This is a rule for all seasons, make sure personal belongings are put away, and the home is neat.